Advice from WorldWatch Institute about ridding your life of single-use plastic.
|Ten things we can do to rid our live of single-use plastic.|
Here are ten things you can do:
1. Just say no to plastic bags.. Carry a tote or backpack when you’re out shopping.
2. Just say no to plastic drink bottles. Get a water filter, Carbonate your own beverages. Carry a refillable water bottle. Select cardboard containers when you can. Prefer aluminum cans to plastic bottles: they have a much higher chance of being recycled.
3. Stop using plastic straws. Don’ use them at all or choose to use paper or compostable sstraws.
4. Avoid packaging-intensive foods. Shop for fresh ingredients or purchase in bulk.
5. Patronize a dry cleaner that uses reusable garment bags.
6. Boycott microbeads. Don’t buy beauty products, toothpaste, body washes where ‘polypropylene’ and ‘polyethylene’ are listed as ingredients.
7. Buy laundry and other detergents in cardboard boxes instead of plastic.
8. Avoid plastic containers for juices, condiments in plastic squeeze bottles, etc..
9. Bring your own thermos to the coffee shop.