12 June, 2018

We have a responsibility to help our farmers, says chef and restaurateur Matt Moran

I'm proud to say that I'm a fourth-generation farmer. I had a rural upbringing on a cattle and dairy farm near Tamworth and still have a commercial farm in the NSW Central Tablelands.
Matt Moran says it's in everyone's best interests to help farmers.
Throughout my childhood we, like most farmers, hit both bad times and good and I thank this rural upbringing for instilling in me a work ethic and a certain toughness. It also gave me a genuine understanding of just how hard farmers work to supply us with the food we rely on at every meal and the quality we demand.

With all the discussion these days about food and sustainability, many of our farmers are struggling to be sustainable in even the most basic sense of making ends meet.


Read the comment by Matt Moran from Good Food - “We have a responsibility to help our farmers, says chef and restaurateur Matt Moran.”

No comments:

Post a Comment