24 June, 2018

You don't use so much plastic, do you? How to ditch it for July – and beyond

My first Plastic Free July was in 2013. At the time most of my friends were signing up for Dry July, the month where participants go alcohol free and raise funds for cancer support organisations across Australia.
Plastic Free July is in its sixth year, and millions will sign
 up to live without single-use plastics for a month. 
Instead, I decided to participate in what was then a relatively unknown challenge to reduce my single-use plastics over a month after watching the eco-documentary The Clean Bin Project.
I had participated in Dry July before; surely a plastic-free July would be just as easy. All I had to do was refuse single-use plastics for 31 days – besides, I didn’t use that much plastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment