19 August, 2018

Extreme weather is triggering climate despair

I remember reading that climate journalists, having spent so much time reporting on the dire state of our environment and the lack of action to reduce our emissions, often have to seek counseling to deal with the despair they feel given how knowledgeable they are about the consequences.
A four-degree warmer world is a scary thought.
At the time, I thought it made sense for them to be so deeply affected by their work, but I didn’t think it would be a phenomenon that would affect many beyond the most informed climate change was undoubtedly concerning, but the idea of being so psychologically impacted that you had to seek counseling seemed… extreme.

Until I started to experience climate despair myself.


Read the Medium story by Paris Marx - “Extreme weather is triggering climate despair.”

No comments:

Post a Comment