21 August, 2019

Escaping extinction through paradigm shift

For the last month, as a journalist and academic, I’ve experienced a strange sensation of paralysis.
Drone footage of displaced family tents in one settlement
 in Badghis, Afghanistan, due to ongoing drought and
climate change. There are thousands of makeshift homes
 spread between mountain hills on the outskirt of Qala-i-naw city. 
I don’t usually experience this. Usually I find myself driven by the pressures of wanting to cover with due justice a full spectrum of intersecting crises and potential solutions.
But this month watching the spectacle of political madness unfolding across Washington, London and Brussels, while chaos and suffering continues to kick off across Venezuela, Yemen, Israel-Palestine, Syria, Nigeria and beyond, I experienced something I haven’t felt in a long-time. A sense of total burn-out. Of futility. Of tiredness.

Read the Medium story by Nafeez Ahmed - “Escaping extinction through paradigm shift.”

No comments:

Post a Comment