24 April, 2017

Architects finally are taking climate change seriously. Sort of

In our recent post American Institute of Architects takes a stand on climate change I ended up by quoting architect and writer Lance Hosey, and his survey that found “as many as a third of architects are skeptical about climate change.”
Lance tweeted me an update that he just published in Architectural record, a new survey which found that the situation has improved significantly, that now fully 93.6 percent of architects actually believe that human activity is changing the climate.

Given that architects design the buildings that are the single biggest source of greenhouse gases, that’s a good thing. Too bad that less than half of them actually know that. (Until recently, based on my analysis, I thought transportation was the biggest source in America, and I teach this stuff).


No comments:

Post a Comment